Recent Posts

Gallery

Comics

vinyl

Interviews

recent

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sound In The Signals: Best Of 2009 List & Discussion Of The Last Decade Of Music (CLICK HERE TO READ)

Click Above to read my list for this years best albums, EP's, & mixtapes.

I also take a moment to discuss the last ten years of music and some artists that I have enjoyed.














Albums Of 2009 + A Decade In Retrospect

Over the years I've written for places and worked my favorite albums into a Top 10 list. This year I just decided I couldn't slim it down and really didn't want to hold any one artists off the list. I want to give any artists that made this year a good one for music, for me at least, their moment to shine. This is a list I compiled of some of my favorite releases this year. There are quite a few and are picked from genres including: rock, hip hop, DJ, industrial/electronic, mixtapes, etc... Some of these albums I enjoyed more than others. Some were solid all the way through. Some will become classics in my mind. Others offered some bright moments, a few songs that ended up being favorites, as I'm not about to embark on a singles list because it would take to much time I've just decided to include their entire album. Although notable singles were released by numerous artists this year and I did enjoy singles from: Jay Electronica, Vampire Weekend, The Ataris, and some of other various things that has come out.

I won't talk disappointing releases or terrible music trends that came along this year too much. Mainly because it's not fun to dwell, but I will say I'd love to say goodbye to Crunkcore next year. There are always a few that think the entire year had terrible releases, I don't think that's true but these days you really have to search out good music.

This is the cap year in a decade of music and I'd also like to take a moment to include some of my favorite artists that have released albums over the past 10 years.
(Note: I'm going to include some artists I've enjoyed over the last ten years of my life. Their releases impacted me in some way at some time. I may not necessarily support these artists fully anymore (or their current releases as I supported them at one point during any of the last ten years). Some of these artists were huge and others were smaller. Some I still really like others I’m embarrassed to say I enjoyed as much as I did. I'm going to try and list artists that released albums that I felt were very important to my ears from 2000-2010. Side note nobody can remember everything so bear with my as I rattle of the few I can remember:

Artists are:
Further Seems Forever, Saves The Day, Blink 182, The Cool Kids, My Chemical Romance, New Found Glory, Deftones, From First To Last, The Academy Is..., The Game, Ultimate Fakebook, Side Walk Slam, Green Day, The Early November, Kanye West, Pharrell (And N.E.R.D.), Shooter Jennings, Hank III, The Strokes, Dashboard Confessional, MXPX, Black Label Society, Lil Wayne, Straylight Run, Taking Back Sunday, GlassJaw, Limbeck, Say Anything, The Ataris, Showoff, Jimmy Eat World, Death Cab For Cutie, Bright Eyes, Armor For Sleep, The Chariot, The Killers, The Matches, Andrew W.K., Weezer, From First To Last, Morrissey, Brian Wilson, Alkaline Trio, AFI, Foo Fighters, Tenacious D, The Spill Canvas, Sufjan Stevens, Ben Kweller, Metallica, Silverchair, Mest, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Pack, Ben Folds, Alkaline Trio, Underoath


2009 Favorite Albums

Some notable favorites of this year were:

Brand New, Fresh Espresso, Fashawn, Third Eye Blind, U-N-I, Morrissey, Jay Reatard, Teenage Bottle Rocket, Fun, The Cool Kids

Here’s The Long List (In No Particular Order):

Prince-Lotus Flower
Kid Cudi-Man On The Moon
Blue Scholars-Oof EP
87 Stick Up Kids-Out 4 Fame
Fresh Espresso-Glamour
Brand New-Daisy
Fashawn-Boy Meets World
Naledge-Chicago Picasso
Pacific Division-Church League
Kid Sister-Ultraviolet
Third Eye Blind-Ursa Major
U-N-I-A Love Supreme
Young L-Cutty Row/Based Sensation
The Dangerous Summer-Reach For The Sun
Eminem-Relapse
BOB VS Bobby Ray
Drake-So Far Gone
The Cool Kids-Gone Fishing
Kidz In The Hall-Professional Leisure Tour
Morrissey-Years Of Refusal
All Time Low-Nothing Personal
Eminem-Relapse
fun.-aim & ignite
Currensy-This ain't no mixtape
pearl jam-backspacer
rick ross-deeper than rap
Spree Wilson-Evil Angel
Wale-Attention Deficit
Method Man & Redman-Blackout 2
The Cool Kids-Gone Fishing
Straylight Run-About Time
New Found Glory-Not Without A Fight
The Chariot-Wars & Rumors Of Wars
Young L & Lil B-SS Mixtape Vol. 2
Tanya Morgan-Brooklynati
Trackademicks-Enjoy What You Do
John Mayer-Battle Studies
Sene & Blu-A Day Late & A Dollar Short
The Academy Is-Lost In Pacific Time
The Dear Hunter-Act III
Weatherbox-The Cosmic Drama
Sonny Moore-Gypsyhook
Street Sweeper Social Club-Street Sweeper Social Club
Hot Leg-Red Light Fever
Yeah Yeah Yeah's-Its Blitz
Julian Casablancas-Phrazes For The Young
Ben Kweller-Changing Horses
Lucky Tubb & The Modern Day Troubadors-Damn The Luck
The Devil Makes Three-Do Wrong Right
Gallows-Grey Britain
Rx Bandits-Mandala
Green Day-21st Century Breakdown
Jay Reatard-Watch Me Fall
Taking Back Sunday-New Again
Teenage Bottlerocket-They Came From The Shadows
Kevin Devine-Brother's Blood
Chip Tha Ripper-The Cleveland Show
Discovery-Discovery
John Nolan-Height
The Republic Of Wolves-His Old Branches
Thrice-Beggars
UGK-UGK 4 Life
Wolfmother-The Cosmic Egg
Evil Nine-They Live!
Rooney-Wild One
Rob Thomas-Cradlesong
Brian Bonz & The Dot Hongs-From Sumi To Japan
The Cool Kids-Merry Christmas
The Big Pink-A Brief History Of Love
Ex-Lovers-You Forget So Easily
Unicorn Kid-Lion Hat
Hudson Mohawk-Butter
Charles Hamilton-Normalcy
Blue Daisy-Strings Detatched
Third Eye Blind
Bassment Jaxx-Scars
The Pack-The Pack Is Back
Wale-Attention Deficit
Hudson Mohawke-Butter
Tyler The Creator-Bastard
They Live!-They La Soul
Ninjasonik!-Darth Bano

Yeah I have a ton, but I'm a big music fan. I probably still will be reading through this list remembering good albums that I forgot to credit. If you seriously go through the list there is something for everyone and just maybe you'll discover something that you haven't heard yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Business

[Interviews][txmag]
https:://www.facebook.com/soundinthesignals >> ADD LINK >> https://www.twitter.com/bake_wear >> ADD LINK >>
| Copyright © 2015 Sound In The Signals | All Rights Reserved. | Design